Monday, November 12, 2007

Airborne on Neuvation Wheels

So I finally got out on the new Neuvation R28-SL3 wheel set. And Wow, its like I'm riding on rails. These wheels had a noticeable impact on the Airborne's weight and responsiveness (a 300 gram savings from my old Shimano WH-R535s). I'm not usually a gram counter, but the difference was noticeable. I felt faster on the flats, sprints and hills. I'm sure that the single speed riding helped this impression, but nonetheless these wheels rock. My old 535s always "twanged" and creaked when I jumped up and sprinted hard up hill, these wheels are silent and powerful. You would be stupid to pay twice as much and not get as much as the Neuvation wheel set provides. We'll see after I put a few hundred more miles on them, but my initial impression is very favorable. Thanks John from Neuvation!













No comments: